Thursday, December 14, 2017

Dreidels-Hanukkah Night 2


The two desserts that I made before still kind of have ties to Christmas, so to rectify that, I decided to do another dessert with ties to Hanukkah. I wanted to make these: https://www.ohnuts.com/blog/peanut-butter-fudge-dreidels-recipe/.

They were adorable, and looked and sounded delicious. I did half the fudge recipe and it was really good, though I made it a tiny bit too thin for the kisses and it was a little crumbly. So, I embarked on the journey of using candy dipping chocloate for the first time. It made a mess, but it was a lot fun. By the time I had finished dipping though, my dreidels had become mice. Ironic since we have a few of the real, and not nearly so delectable creatures, running about the house. I didn't add the pretzels, it would have looked even more mice-like.

The result was about 30 tailless mice that taste amazing. My granny, almost to the point of tears, said that the fudge tasted like her mom's. Made 12.13.17

  

No comments:

Post a Comment