Thursday, December 14, 2017

Hanukkah Gingerbread House-(two days before Hanukkah)




The reasons why this gingerbread house took me so long:

1: It was my first time making a gingerbread house and I had to look up a lot of different how-to articles. I ended up using this article: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/gingerbread-house-recipe-1963254 (I know it doesn't look anything like that, but hey, I tried.) Word to the wise, use another icing recipe or more sugar.

2: The icing required a ton of sugar and, even though I thought that I had enough, the icing wasn't thick enough. 

3: Liquidy icing equals falling walls. So when I went to assemble the roof and the walls and the doorway, they fell over again and again. Finally, I used tape dispensers to hold up the walls and that worked. Until...

4: I ended up using peanut butter to put the roof on, and its heaviness caused the walls to fall down.

5: Needless to say, I had to make the roof flat, though it did end up looking quite good.

So this project was frustrating from the start. It took me from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., but, lucky for me the gingerbread and the icing both tasted fabulous. And those are pine trees, not Christmas trees. 😛 Made 12.10.17

No comments:

Post a Comment