Sunday, January 20, 2019

It's That Time

Seeds, seeds, and more seeds! The best thing about winter is that you have time to prepare both yourself and your land for the new season ahead. Of course, it also happens to be the time when most gardeners begin to feel that tell tale itch. The one that you can't really scratch until your garden is fully going. So far this year, I have started stratifying some lavender seeds in the refrigerator and will start the whole asparagus process at the end of the month. I also have plans for carrots, beets, and parsley. That's the list that God has given to me for the year so far.

I have also begun to start thinking about 2nd year care for all of the 100 plus trees that I planted last year. Yeah, I'm crazy like that. At the top of my priority list is getting them fully protected. Granny brought in some really nice fence netting and I'm hoping that there will be enough to cover up all of my plants. I really want to get them off to a strong start. For the ones up on the mountain, I just want to check on them and make sure that my pine trees are continuing to grow. I am not so worried about the wild cherries, oaks, hawthorns, chestnuts, ect. (But maybe I should be). 

I just want to talk briefly on the fact that I have really been inspired lately by Paul, the guy who really started the back to Eden gardening concept. His journey and the man himself are really impressive and both he and his garden are utterly enchanting. Check him out please! He is really enjoyable and a very easy way to get pumped about gardening if you are feeling a little low.

No comments:

Post a Comment