Friday, December 8, 2017

My Current Project

For those of you out there who are interested in what I might write next, here's the prologue from the next book I'm working on. It is called The Purest Heart.


The church tower bell clanged, the raucous timber causing light to flood into all of the dark windows of the town. Women and men called to each other through suddenly un-shuttered windows, desperate to find out what danger was upon them.
In the moonlight, two figures, moving in opposite directions, slipped into the shadows of the great church building. Murmurs spread through the windows. Piece by piece a message formed. "The princess has gone missing. No one knows how and there's no sign of her." A young man slipped out of the shadows, terror written across his face. He ran. Down alleyways, through slim moonbeams, and yet still he ran. The other shadow moved until the light revealed his face. Face tilted, he looked up toward the steeple and smiled.

I'm taking another one of my 'finished' stories that I wrote when I was younger and upgrading it. I'm about seven pages into the process, and it's kind of boggling my mind just how much the story has matured. I'm really hoping that this book won't take me as long as Redemption did, but I'm pretty commited to writing a little bit more every night. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment